Later today we are having a *vigil for Florence and Precious Mhango, a ten year old girl and her mum who are currently being pursued by the UK Borders Agency in an attempt to deport them before a judge decides if they have a case for an Appeal. So many people who cannot make it contacted me asking what they could do and here's what, between them, they've come up with.
1) Change your facebook photo to the photo on this post from 5.30pm to 7pm and tell everyone you are taking part in the facebook vigil for the Mhangos.
2) Take part in the "tweet-down" on Twitter by posting a message of support to them. Use the hashtag #florenceprecious
3) If you have a blog, take part in the "Blog-in" by publishing a post at 5.30pm using the photo and saying why you're supporting them. If you don't have time to write it simply say "I'm supporting Florence and Precious Mhango". And if you are coming to the vigil, remember you can time your blog to publish at 5.30pm.
4) Email the UKBA at 5.30pm reiterating your support for the Mhangos. If everyone emails at the same time they cannot fail to notice! The address is firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Light a candle, tie a yellow ribbon round your wrist, pray, think of them, send them positive thoughts and be very thankful you are unlikely ever to have to go through what they're currently suffering.
*Vigil is at 5.30pm at the top end of Buchanan Street in Glasgow, at the foot of the stairs coming down from the Concert Hall.