Sunday 10 May 2009

Brilliant Barrowlands


What a brilliant venue the Barrowlands is for a gig! Went to see Morrissey last night and he was fantastic. The encore was my all time favourite Morrissey song "Last of the Gang" and I love it at the end when everyone decides to push forward and we all get crushed half to death. You can't fight it, you just have to go with it and that's when you know you're at a gig!

Been to Barrowlands twice before - I got myself connected with the Stereo MCs and saw the great man Jarvis Cocker and Pulp connecting with the common people - the latter was my all time favourite gig but they were all great and I think a huge part of that has to be due to the atmosphere at this venue. It's a great asset to the music scene in Glasgow and long may it be with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment