Tuesday 12 January 2010

Famous last words - help!

How did this happen? Work / life balance I said! Still at my desk, just leaving now with a pile of committee papers to read by morning. Last night, I sat at my kitchen table and worked right through from 6.30pm to 11.30pm having got home early and rejoiced in the fact that I had a night at home. Hmmm. I'm sure I'm only doing the really important stuff. What do people with children do? Maybe that's it, I pretend I have children (maybe "pretend" is not quite the right word) and stop working when they need me to cook their dinner and do their homework and clean up after them. But rather than clean up after them etc (seeing as they don't actually exist) I read a book or meet a friend. Who knows what the solution is but there's one thing I'm quite sure of - I am achieving no more than the MSPs with families who juggle all of that at the same time. It's true what they say about work expanding to fit the time. Right, can't be chatting here, I've got to go and read Rupert a bedtime story!!

No comments:

Post a Comment