Thursday 31 December 2009

The end of a momentous year for me

2009 has probably been the most momentous year of my life (apart from the one in which I was born, 1976 I think!). It's certainly been the most surprising, shocking, unpredictable year. One of the best things that's ever happened to me happened this year. And as those who are close to me know, one of the worst things ever to happen to me was hot on the heels of the best! I'm not a fan of cliches but it's been a real rollercoaster with little to no time to take it all in, far less decide how I feel about it all. Thus the reason I'm not doing anything to celebrate Hogmanay.

To be honest I kind of object to being told I have to party whether I want to or not. I'm stubborn that way. If I want to celebrate something I will. But I'm not celebrating NOTHING just because it's 31st December.

What I do like about this time of year is that it is used as a time to reflect on the year gone by and look at where you want your life to take you next.

I've got a lot to think about - mainly how I deal with the best and worst of 2009 - and I'm sitting here in my lovely cosy flat doing just that. It's a funny thing but it's quite hard for friends to accept that you don't want to party but you're not miserable. And I'm not. Like I said I've just had a momentous year and I want to have some time to myself to take stock (which probably means blogging about it!).

I hope you all have a great Hogmanay and I wish everyone the best of all the things that matter in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment