Saturday 20 June 2009

Familiar faces

Had a very interesting meeting today with the Directors at SAMH which is the Scottish Association for Mental Health. I'm going to be doing some work on this so I'll be blogging on it in the future. I had to laugh however when myself and Humza (who works with me) exited the building and 3 folk stepped out behind us. We turned to acknowledge them and it was SNP MP John Mason along with MSPs Bill Kidd and Jamie Hepburn - all 3 are good friends of mine. They'd been in visiting another organisation but it was a bit of a surreal moment seeing them out of context like that.

I remember many years ago when I worked at the Tron Theatre in Glasgow as an usher. I suddenly recognised a woman I was showing to her seat but couldn't quite put my finger on who she was. "Hang on, don't tell me, I'll get it" I said as she laughed. "That's it, you work in the paper shop next to my mum's in Port Glasgow don't you?". She just carried on laughing and sat down. Later that night I realised it had been Effie from High Road (who remembers her?) and to my knowledge she'd never worked in the paper shop in The Port!! It's the out of context thing that throws you!

No comments:

Post a Comment