Wednesday 3 June 2009

Complaints about my blog!

A very amusing friend of mine sent me an email last week telling me my blog was "rubbish"!

"Rubbish"?! said I. "In what way is it rubbish"? (Love the way my friends don't bother to mince their words.)

Her reply was something like this: "You never update it anymore - do you even have a car now? The public wants to know"!

She was of course referring to my frequent references on my old blog to my frequent car breakdowns, this post here is just one of the many.

So, I am happy to tell Mhairi two things - one, I'm restarting the blog as of today. And two, although the joy in the aforementioned post was shortlived and I ended up scrapping the car (one month before THIS FLAMIN' SCHEME which would've given me £2000 toward a new car was announced!) I have finally bought a car! Got myself a 3 year old Hyundai which means it's got a 2 year warranty left and Hyundai's warranties actually cover quite a lot - in my experience car warranties tend to cover only obscure things that you'll never actually need.

Anyway, new car, new start (in motoring terms) but I'm hoping it won't be a frequent topic on this blog. That said, I'd only had it 3 days when some lovely person (terrible being an MSP and having to tone it down!) decided to scrape it with a sharp implement. Why? Why would you do that? Anyway hopefully no more motoring mishaps but plenty more political insight :-) European Elections tomorrow - I'll try to blog on the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment