Thursday 11 November 2010

Well done Ryan!

Sitting here with a huge smile on my face and a big lump in my throat because of this wee guy Ryan McLaughlin. Because of him, his mum Kirsten, dad Alan and wee brother Darren. Last night he won a Pride of Britain Award for his amazing campaign on the importance of Vitamin D to prevent Multiple Sclerosis which his mum was diagnosed with some years ago.

I've met them a few times because their campaign was focused on the Scottish Parliament Petitions Committee of which I am a member and I've kept in touch with them. It helps that they're all really nice people and they're all McLaughlins :-)

Have a look at the interview they did on The Hour tonight and you'll see him getting his award. An award you really deserve Ryan. Congratulations, very proud of you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne

    Ryan has asked me to pass on a thanks and all his best wishes.

    thank you.

    ReplyDelete