Wednesday 12 May 2010

Margaret Curran's outrage at the SNP having the nerve to exist!

I was really very surprised today when I read Margaret Curran MP MSP's comments about the SNP in The Herald. In fact I was really quite taken aback to hear her say that the SNP could "barely hide their glee" at the Tories getting into power. I am IN the SNP (obv) and I know that nothing could be further from the truth. And I'm left now wondering does she HONESTLY think that or is she just playing petty games. I would suggest that this is not the time for games. This is serious stuff, we have a Tory / Lib Dem government who owe nothing to Scotland. We have to be standing up for Scotland's interests, not blaming each other for the situation we find ourselves in today.

I think her most incredulous "accusation" was that the SNP "stood candidates against Labour". That one took my breath away. Does she really believe in a democracy that we did something wrong by standing in the elections? It follows therefore that she believes the people who voted SNP did something wrong by voting for us. I can tell you I don't think Labour voters did anything wrong, they are entitled to vote how they like, I respect that and hope they'll vote for us next time. But I wouldn't dream of telling them what to do. If Margaret Curran wants a one party state she is living in the wrong country. I just hope she is out of synch with the rest of the Labour Party - for all our sakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment