Tuesday 25 May 2010

My feet are killing me



I spent tonight walking the streets of Dennistoun with Alan and Deborah from Dennistoun Community Youth Project. I'd met them before but tonight it was time to "walk the walk" and I only wish I'd done it in slightly lower heels! They're a great project, they walk the streets of Dennistoun getting to know young people, building relationships with them and finding out what their interests are. They then let them know what clubs are available that meet their interests. And if they need additional encouragement, they'll take them along to the club. They're one of many projects living month to month not sure if their funding will be renewed or not and they know it's going to get worse. But they're keeping on keeping on and I'm happy to support them.

No comments:

Post a Comment