Tuesday 11 May 2010

Sick as a parrot

Sick as a parrot is how I feel right now. Any minute now I understand it will be announced that the Labour Party has given up and allowed the Lib Dems to enter into coalition government with the Tories. We are about to start life in Tory Britain and I feel sick to my stomach because I know that the most vulnerable people in all of our countries will be ignored at best and castigated at worst. Labour had started down that route in their treatment of those in receipt of sickness and disability benefits but wait till you see what happens in Tory Britain.

Perhaps now people in Scotland will understand that voting Labour doesn't keep the Tories out. Only voting SNP and YES in an Independence referendum will allow us to control who runs our country. I wonder if the Labour Party having failed to save us from the Tories will be any closer to letting the people of Scotland make a grown up decision about the constitutional future of our country. Who knows? Right now, all I can say is tighten your belts, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

1 comment:

  1. Don't fret too much. Just think how many MSPs the Lib Dems will be left with after a year of proping up Cameron ;)

    ReplyDelete