Tuesday 8 June 2010

Glasgow Caring City Awards

Not long in from the awards ceremony for "Give a Kid a Goal" organised by my favourite charity Glasgow the Caring City. What a brilliant night. Wee primary kids from Glasgow, Largs and East Kilbride all getting well deserved awards. My job was to present some medals alongside Cllr James Dornan who was handing over the scrolls. At one point he had to point out to me that the entire night was being held up because I spent too long talking to one of the girls about swapping names - her name was Nadine and I was just telling her how I'd always wanted a special name like that. Anne always seemed so boring. Anyway as I say, I kind of forgot where I was and that there were another 280 kids waiting for their medals.

Oh, and I was really thrilled when the charity made me an Ambassador - they came into parliament to present the certificates to myself and Linda Fabiani and tonight the title was also bestowed on James Dornan. I was really chuffed and happy to do all I can to support them.

No comments:

Post a Comment