Sunday 6 June 2010

Going underground tonight


I'm leaving the house now to go underground and find out what they do in the subway tunnels at night. I have no idea why I agreed to do this, indeed I am thinking it was a bloody stupid idea. The director of the Subway, David Wallace, assures me he has not seen a rat (of the animal variety at least - my words not his) in 15 years but I don't believe him. And what if some driver has forgotten to go home? What if he sleepwalks to work and starts up the train? What if I get there too late - which is exactly what's going to happen if I don't leave right now. Bob Doris MSP will be there and I'm sure he'll be very reassuring - NOT! Sadly he has a wicked (some say verging on evil) sense of humour but if he winds me up about the rats I'll not be laughing! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment