Saturday 5 September 2009

Don't worry, you're safe in my hands!


You may remember a few weeks ago myself and David Kerr the SNP candidate in the forthcoming by election went out on a 3 hour shift with Springburn Ambulance Crew. It was a fascinating experience but I felt it wasn't long enough and I felt I wasn't getting to see just how highly pressured the job can become.

So I thought it would be a good idea to go back and do a full night shift the first Saturday after payday. And it IS a good idea. But now that the day has arrived .... I've not even thought about what I might witness, I'm just wondering how I'm going to stay awake from 9pm to 7am! I tried to sleep late today in preparation and I'll maybe have another little sleep at teatime. The last time I worked any kind of nightshift I was an auxiliary in a psychiatric ward and they sent me home when I fell asleep twice before midnight (once standing up)! Hmmmm, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment