Thursday 17 September 2009

National Catalunya Day


Tonight my FINAL job was to go along to the event to commemorate National Catalonia Day which was held at Our Dynamic Earth. My good friend Xavier who is Head of the Catalan Government delegation to the UK had invited me along and it was great to see him. It was also very interesting to hear from the Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Co-operation because of course they had a long struggle for some form of autonomy from Spain and over the years since they got their parliament (1980 I think) they've developed and evolved and now they control taxation and immigration - something we can only dream of! I will definitely be volunteering should they ever request a visit from an MSP - mind you, who will turn down Barcelona?

No comments:

Post a Comment